Patrick Dupré Quigley, conductor
Seraphic Fire is pleased to offer an encore presentation of Mozart’s signature opus, with a completion commissioned by Seraphic Fire featuring three newly-composed movements by young American composer Gregory Spears. “A completion that offers more musical rewards… [it] drew on hundreds of years of music history, with echoes of Bach and Mozart, glowing Romantic harmonies, glints of contemporary dissonance, and the effective use of timpani” (South Florida Classical Review).
Mozart: Requiem is made possible through a generous gift by David L. Webb and W. Lynn McLaughlin.
Dates, Times & Venues
- Feb. 12, 2016, 7:30pm, All Saints Episcopal (Ft. Lauderdale)
- Feb. 13, 2016, 8:00pm, Miami Shores Presbyterian
- Feb. 14, 2016, 4:00pm, South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- Feb. 16, 2016, 7:30pm, St. Paul's Episcopal, K Street (Washington, DC)
- Feb. 17, 2016, 7:30pm, Trinity Wall Street (New York, NY))
- Feb. 18, 2016, 7:30pm, St. Clement’s Episcopal (Philadelphia, PA)
*Tickets to Residency Performances will be available September 8, 2015.